The Blower Anti Heeling System is designed for rapid heeling compensation during fast and heavy item loading operations. The system can be combined with a Hoppe Anti-Heeling System (Frahm–type) by using the same U-Tank. Based on continuous measurement of the heeling angle, the compensation is automatically achieved by blowing air into the heeling tank to press the ballast water to the opposite side, controlled by Hoppe’s microcomputer HOMIP. Blowers provide continuous air flow, which is directed by butterfly valves with fast acting Hoppe pneumatic actuators.
The complete system includes:
- Anti-Heeling Control Panel
- Blower Unit (one or more independent blowers)
- Butterfly Valve Group (pneumatic actuators)
- Valve Remote Control
- Tank Pressure Sensors
- Level Switch (Overflow)
- HOMIP microcomputer
Key Features / Benefit Summary:
- Rapid reaction and compensation
- Easy to operate, clear visualisation
- Free programmable, easy changes to meet different requirements
- Manual mode to realize special operations, e.g. pre-heeling for lifting heavy items
- All electronic components type approved by major Classification societies
- Allows safer, more rapid loading and unloading, shortens harbour time
- Reduces damage to ramps, rolling cargo, cell guides and containers
Operational Stability Test:
Connected to Hoppe’s Stability Test System (Loading Computer) the Anti-Heeling System can be used to carry out an operation inclining test to verify the actual stability.
Heavy Lift Load Compensation:
In a more complex version the Anti-Heeling System uses 4 Anti-heeling tanks with powerful blowers and measures heeling and trim angles, e.g. by Hoppe’s precision motion measuring system HOSIM, to keep the vessel in a pre-defined upright floating condition, while the onboard crane lifts heavy items.